This simple flow sensor is very similar to its big brother, the YF-S201, but has been optimized for lower flow rates and features a higher pulse per liter count. Inside the housing, a small pinwheel with an attached magnet is spun by passing water; as the magnet makes each revolution, a hall effect sensor inside the housing outputs a pulse on the yellow wire.
This sensor is best suited for flow rates between 0.3 and 6 liters per minute and outputs 5880 pulses per liter (approximately 1 pulse per 0.17mL). The sensor has a barbed 7mm connection point on each side with an inner diameter of 4mm.
- Working Voltage: 5 to 12VDC
- Max current draw: 15mA @ 5V
- Working Flow Rate: 0.3 to 6 Liters/Minute
- Working Temperature range: 1°C to 80°C
- Maximum water pressure: 0.8 MPa
- Output duty cycle: 50% +-10%
- Output rise time: 0.04us
- Output fall time: 0.18us
- Durability: minimum 300,000 cycles
- Pulses per Liter: 5880