- Questions & Answers
The MAX485 TTL to RS485 Converter Module converts TTL signal to RS485 for long range, high data rate error prone differential communication. Multiple receivers may be connected to such a network in a linear, multi-drop configuration. These characteristics make such networks useful in industrial environments and similar applications.
This converter lets you send and receive data using the RS485 network from your Arduino/microcontroller. Similar to Serial TTL and RS232 interfaces, the RS485 lets you transfer data between microcontrollers and devices but with extra features! RS485 is an industry standard protocol for data transfer and provides numerous advantages.
It lets you transfer data between up to 32 devices, through the same data line over a cable length of up to 1.2km (4000ft) with a maximum data rate of 10Mbit/s. This converter is designed for office and industrial applications (non-isolated) and provides superior characteristics/features normally found only on more expensive units.
- Uses MAX485 chipset.
- On-board MAX485 chip, A low power consumption for the RS-485 communication, slew-rate limited transceiver.
- On board then 5.08 (mm) pitch 2P terminal to facilitate RS-485 communication wiring.
- All pins of chip have been lead to can be controlled through the micro controller.
- It works at a single 5V power supply and the rated current is 300 mA. Adopting half-duplex communication to implement the function of converting TTL level into RS-485 level, it can achieve a maximum transmission rate of 2.5Mbps.
- The driver is limited for short-circuit current and the driver outputs can be placed at a high impedance state through the thermal shutdown circuit.
- The receiver input has a fail-safe feature that guarantees logic high output if the input is open circuit. In addition, it has a strong anti-interference performance