This shield makes it easy to add a 'hard disk' with gigabytes of storage to your Arduino! The latest version of this popular shield has all the features of the popular original, and is "R3" compatible so you can use it with just about any Arduino or compatible. You can be up and running with it in less than 15 minutes - saving data to files on any FAT16 or FAT32 formatted SD card, to be read by any plotting, spreadsheet or analysis program. The included RTC (Real Time Clock) can be used to timestamp all your data with the current time, so that you know precisely what happened when! The data logger is a reliable, well-rounded and versatile design. It is easily expanded or modified and come well supported with online documentation and libraries
- SD card interface works with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards. Built in 3.3v level shifter circuitry lets you read or write super fast and prevents damage to your SD card
- Real time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged. The coin cell battery backup lasts for years
- Included libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry or sensors.
- Two configurable indicator LEDs
- Onboard 3.3v regulator is both a reliable reference voltage and also reliably runs SD cards that require a lot of power to run
- Uses the "R3 layout" I2C and ICSP/SPI ports so it is compatible with a wide variety of Arduinos and Arduinocompatibles
- Arduino UNO or ATmega328 compatible - 4 analog channels at 10 bit resolution, 6 if RTC is not used
- Arduino Leonardo or ATmega32u4 compatible - 12 analog channels at 10 bit resolution
Customer questions & answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.