- Questions & Answers
This Motor Driver Shield replaced the L298 H-bridge with a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers. Its support circuitry is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors! The VIN and motor out are pitched for 5mm screw terminals, making it easy to connect larger gauge wires.
Note: When using this board in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal (in addition to the myriad other complications present in a high-current system) However, when using the board at currents up to 6A the chips will barely become noticeably warm.
- Voltage max: 16V
- Maximum current rating: 30 A
- Practical Continuous Current: 14 A
- Current sensing available to Arduino analog pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19 mΩ (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20 kHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage shutdown