The Raspberry Pi 3 A+ is like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, it boasts a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4GHz, dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.2/BLE. The RPi3 A+ is still equipped with the same 64-bit processor as the B+ version but has removed the Ethernet connector and three of the USB ports (leaving you with just one). It still also has the same 2x20 GPIO header and CSI/DSI connectors, making it usable with all of your existing HATs, cameras, and other peripheries. This single-board computer is capable of many of the things your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing and playing high-definition video and games. It can run several flavors of Linux and is being used to teach kids all over the world how to program.
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 64-bit SoC @ 1.4 GHz
- Memory: 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Access: Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Video & sound: 1 × full size HDMI
- MIPI DSI display port
- MIPI CSI camera port
- 4 pole stereo output and composite video port
- Multimedia: H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30); H.264 encode (1080p30); OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- SD card support: Micro SD format for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power: 5 V/2.5 A DC via micro USB connector, 5 V DC via GPIO header
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ will remain in production until at least January 2023
Customer questions & answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.