The Mayku FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine is a desktop vacuum former that brings your ideas to life. It works with any vacuum cleaner and a whole selection of different materials. Use it to make molds in minutes with no additional software or digital model manipulation needed. Seeing those big ideas come to life never seemed so simple.
The Mayku FormBox is a simple, quick solution to developing your creations. As a perfect partner for your 3D printer, the Mayku FormBox offers you total power over the design and pace of production. Print one, mold 20 and start your production line from home.
Experiment with materials to find the perfect design. From delicious chocolates to concrete candelabras. It’s your creation. Connect the Mayku FormBox using an adapter that fits any standard vacuum cleaner. When the trays are pulled down, an automatic trigger will turn on the suction of your connected vacuum cleaner.
A timer is activated after the plastic has been inserted and the temperature set. The built-in speakers will alert you when the plastic is ready to be formed. A 200 W ceramic heater with a range of 160 to 340 C, and a dial to precisely set the correct temperature for your plastic to form.
Size and weight:
- Draw Depth - 130 mm
- Weight - 13 kgs
- 110 V and 240 V are available
- Temp range of the built-in heater is 160 - 340 C
- The metal can get quite hot, so to keep you safe, the front and back top edges next to the heater are lined with two silicone strips
- There are supportive guide rails on each side of the ceramic heater for safety in transit
- Handles: A tray click and handle design, with cast aluminum hinges, in one single mechanism. Using the FormBox is as easy as possible.
- Adapter: A universal adaptor that enables the Mayku FormBox to work with any vacuum cleaner.
- Bed: A super fine mesh to increase airflow to the 3D shape, placed on the bed with a soft silicone edge.
- Trays: ABEC 5 bearings for smooth operation. Silicone seals to create a perfect seal. Pressed steel for extra strength.
- Works best with thermoplastic sheets of 0.25 - 1.5 mm in thickness
- PETg (Commonly found in: Food safe molds)
- HIPS (Commonly found in: Disposable cups)
- ABS (The stuff lego is made from)
- Polystyrene (Commonly found in: Product packaging)
- Polycarbonate (Commonly found in: Drinks bottles)
- Polyethylene (Commonly found in: Sheet and foamed sheet)
- Acrylic PMMA (Commonly found in: Light up signs)
- Concrete, Silicone, Chocolate, Jello, Resin, Ice, Foam, Jesmonite, Plaster