- Useful Links
- Questions & Answers
The Arduino Ethernet Shield V1 allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to four simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield. The ethernet shield connects to an Arduino board using long wire-wrap headers which extend through the shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another shield to be stacked on top
There is an onboard micro-SD card slot, which can be used to store files for serving over the network. It is compatible with all the Arduinoboards. The on-board micro SD card reader is accessible through the SD Library. When working with this library, SS is on Pin 4.
The shield also includes a reset controller, to ensure that the W5100 Ethernet module is properly reset on power-up.
- Compatible with Arduino Uno, Due, and Mega
- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Ethernet Controller: W5100 with internal 16K buffer
- Connection speed: 10/100Mb
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
- Supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) using an on-board module
- On-board micro-SD reader